This foundational, comprehensive program will accelerate your physical practice as well as your understanding of the nuances that make movement and breath mechanics powerful.
Upon completion you will be able to practice movement at home with confidence, make intelligent modifications to your practice in class, and of course, share a wealth of knowledge as a solid teacher of yoga.
We are offering full certification options as well as those for deeper study with out the certification.
This training will cover in depth :
- Asana (alignment, sequence theory, therapeutics)
- Physical and Subtle Anatomy (including ha/tha schematics, vayu mechanics, bandhas, nadis, chakras, koshas)
- Art of Sequencing for Change and Development of Physical and Subtle Bodies (therapeutics - physical, emotional and energetic, strength building, weight management)
- Art of Adjustments and Body Observation (including applied massage technique and marma therapeutics)
- Ayurveda : Indian Science of Medicine (as applied through 5 elements philosophy)
- Pranayama (methods, how to see, control, direct Prana)
- Yoga Philosophy (Panjanli’s Yoga Sutras - 8 Limbs of Yoga, Bhagavad Gita, Sankhya Theory, Purusha Arthas, Hatha Yoga Pradipika)
- History of Yoga (including the styles of practice)
- Chanting, Sanskrit and Musicality in Practice
- Developing Your Voice (teaching from a thoughtful, present, service oriented, organic place)
- Business of Yoga
Why this training ?
- This training is thoughtful, clear, and inspiring. It is based off 20 years of faithful study and practice.
- You will become a whole and individual teacher. Your confidence will come from direct and deep comprehension of the purpose for movement and breath.
- Your classes will be appropriately built to serve the students in the room, the time of day and year, and will be inspiring, creative, scientifically supported, and safe.
About Your Teachers :
Sera, your lead teacher, has been a lifetime student and accomplished teacher of Yoga, Ayurveda, and Thai Body Work. Her knowledge of physical and subtle anatomy is grounded in present experience and every day inquiry. She specializes in bringing the subtle into the clear present and revealing the hidden art in the obvious. She has been teaching trainings internationally for over 5 years and has recently join the San Luis Obispo and Smiling Dog Family to grow her practice and share the gems of the practice.